FireWall Festival Ruleset
Participating in the FireWall Festival commits all players to comply with these tournament rules.
- Upper Bracket Best of 5
- Lower Bracket Best of 3
- Lower Bracket Finale Best of 5
- Grand Finale Best of 5
- To compete, all players must be 16 years of age as of July 25th, 2020.
- To compete, all players must reside in the Eligibility Area.
- The Eligibility Area means: Andorra, Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia (except individuals located in Crimea), San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine (except individuals located in Crimea), United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Yemen.
- To compete, you must complete a team of at least 3 players on smash.gg.
- This includes each member of your team registering on the smash.gg tournament page and accepting their team invitation.
- This smash.gg article may help you with this process.
- In order to register, each player must join and remain in the Discord server for the duration of the event.
- If you do not complete a team by the registration deadline, you will not be eligible to play.
- All players, ’subs‘ or not, must be registered and on the appropriate team by the registration deadline to compete.
- A person can only be on one roster
- Rosters can have up to four players
All players must have crossplay enabled during this tournament!
These settings must be used for all games in the tournament. The name and password will either be provided by your smash.gg lobby or by tournament admins if your match is on broadcast
- Default Arena: DFH Stadium
- Team Size: 3v3
- Bot Difficulty: No Bots
- Mutators: None
- Match Time: 5 Minutes
- Joinable By: Name/Password
- Server: Europe
For streamed, admins will select maps from this list:
- Champions Field
- DFH Stadium
- Mannfield (Night)
- Neo Tokyo
- Urban Central
- Urban Central (Dawn)
- Urban Central (Night)
- Utopia Coliseum
- Wasteland (Night)
- Players must check into each match. If you fail to check-in before the disqualification timer runs out, you will be disqualified from that match.
- If there are any issues and players need to contact a Tournament Administrator, then they are expected to use the ‚request a moderator‘ feature on smash.gg through their smash.gg match chat.
- After the game has completed, players must report their scores in their smash.gg match. There is an API reporting feature built in to assist with this.
- All on-stream matches in the tournament will be set up by Tournament Administrators.
- The start of a match can be delayed by tournament staff.
Disconnects, Substitutions, and Spectators
- Teams may choose which three players to compete for each round. They may not change this between games in that round.
- No one is allowed to be in a game lobby unless they are one of the three players from their team who are competing in that game, or from the tournament staff.
- If a player disconnects, that player’s team must finish that game regardless of whether the player reconnects.
- If a game ends and the player is unable to connect after five more minutes, then that team may use another player on their roster (if they have one) for the next game in the series.
- If a team is unable to field three players for a game, then they forfeit.
- Tournament Administrators may, at their discretion, order a game or match to be replayed and their decisions are final.
Players are expected to conduct themselves professionally. This includes being respectful to all other players and all tournament staff. Unprofessional behavior, at the discretion of Tournament Administrators, may be punished with game loss, match loss, and/or disqualification.
- playing on, or allowing another player to play on, an account registered to another player
- not competing to fullest ability
- failing to cooperate with tournament administrators
- disconnecting from the in-game lobby early
- interfering with the operation of the tournament (e.g. checking into a match but then being unresponsive and not setting up the match)
- harassing/disrespectful conduct (e.g. using slurs)
- going back to the teams selection screen in game willingly and without reason
If a player is a prize-winner, they will need to fill out the appropriate form provided by Tournament Administrators (will be made available in the Discord server) and complete subsequent steps to claim their prizing.
Tournament Administrators may update, revise, change, or modify these rules.